Polka Dots!

Yet another creation. I started this early in the Spring, I can’t even remember when, but things always came up, and two weeks ago I got some time and could finish it. (Another thing that held me up was that I messed up with the pleats).

A lightweight pink cotton – with small white polka dots – and red cotton for the contrasting parts built my skirt together. I love wearing it since it has an unusual shape to it, with the sleek look on one side and the pleats on the other.

Project summary

Pattern: Burdastyle 6002, Vanessa
Difficulty: Intermediate (Burdastyle’s rating – I agree)
Alterations: None

Fabric: Printed cotton and plain cotton.
Notions
: Invisible zipper, button, interfacing

Project rating: Quite tricky to sew. In retrospect I wish I had omitted the back pleats and the belt. I now see more potential in the skirt without those elements. If I were it make it again I would want to redeem the skirt and make a better version than the one I made.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s