The Azalea that Wasn’t

The Danielle pattern is a favourite of mine (Here and here) and this was yet another go at making a quick blouse. The fabric, a printed cotton fabric, was originally intended for a double layered dress (The Azalea), but when I couldn’t find a good fabric for the second layer the first fabric became a blouse instead. The only alteration is the length of the pattern.

With this attempt I’m really pleased with the pouffiness of the sleeves, I used a wider rubberband for the end of the sleeves for this version than I did for the dress and also, more importantly, I used a tighter fitting rubberband. I’m learning something new with every go!

Project Summary

Pattern: Burdastyle 9306, Danielle
Difficulty: Novice (Burdastyle’s rating – I agree)
Alterations: Just the length

Fabric: Printed cotton. Lining for bodice part.
Notions: Invisible zipper, rubber band

Project rating: I love how the sleeves turned out. They’re perfect! It became a usable blouse.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s