The Indian Shirt

After making a blouse from BWoF 2009-04 I realised that the pattern didn’t flatter me as I thought it would. My creative mind got to work and I came up with this idea:

I left the upper front and back pieces as they were but elongated them.The bottom parts were also elongated and modified in width and to add buttons down the front. I did gathers for the upper parts, the bottom part was fitted, using darts.

I had a white cotton poplin, with a little bit of stretch, which was perfect for a shirt. I can’t believe it was bought with the intention of making a skirt, good thing I changed my mind – it is a shirt fabric. The buttons, I’m not 100% sure, but I think they are stolen from an old shirt, I can’t remember buying buttons like these since I’ve never had a shirt project before. The neckline has interfacing tape on it.

It pretty much was a trial and error project and I love the final outcome! The fabric helps a big deal because it feels great. It turned out just as I wanted.

Project summary

Pattern: BWoF 2009-04-122
Difficulty: 2/5 (Original pattern)
Alterations: Elongated, bottom half tighter and with darts, added buttons down the front of the bottom.

Fabric: White stretch cotton poplin
Notions: Buttons, interfacing tape.

Price: Fabric 65 SEK (€7.36), thread 1 SEK (€0.11)
Total: 66 SEK (€7.47)

Project rating: An alteration I’m proud of. I think the final result is similar to the sketch, which means I was able to follow my vision. I found a great shirt fabric, and I love (love, love) the final result.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s