Green Floral blouse

I finished this blouse in time for Me-Made.-May.

The pattern is the Burdasyle Sewing Handbook blouse, pretty much unaltered. The fabric is a viscose, purchased at the winter sale, so it was pretty cheap.

The blouse fits me fairly well and the size is good. I do want to try and alter the pattern, but I figured an original go would be the best for me to get to know the pattern.

In retrospect I wish the bodice was a bit longer, it’s pulling up on me. Note that I’ve paired the blouse with my Lessons Learnt Skirt, and I wore this outfit for Me-Made-May already.

Project summary:
Pattern
: The Burdastyle Sewing Handbook blouse
Difficulty: Intermediate. It was plenty of pieces to keep track of, but the sewing was pretty easy. The instructions were clear with many pictures.
Alterations: Did an elastic both in the front and back. Omitted trim. Omitted zipper, I could get the blouse over my head.

Fabric: Viscose
Notions: Thread,elastic, interfacing.
Price: Fabric 38  SEK (€4.20),  thread + interfacing  + elastic 7  SEK (€0.77).
Total: 45 SEK (€4.98).

Project rating: This blouse is not really my style, but I wanted to get to know the pattern. I think it will be used, but not on highest rotation. It was cheap, though!

About these ads

One thought on “Green Floral blouse

  1. That was my most recent project too! Except I did alter the sleeves. I also found that the side zipper was unnecessary–I put it in, but I wasn’t really thinking when I took it off after the first time I wore it, and then realized I hadn’t really needed it after all. Oh well. The blouse looks good!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s