Yet another addition to my collection for spring/summer. A pair of shorts (Ruby).
I found purple linen at a fairly cheap price, and I thought it would make for classic shorts with the purple as a twist. However, there were ten buttons, and they ended up costing almost as much as the fabric. The shorts were still cheap though
There were some tricky part, especially the bound pocket, but I managed to get through them with the help of a How-to. There are so minor errors, but if I don’t mention them, maybe nobody else will either.
I really like them and they’re comfortable to wear. Like I said, classic linen shorts, but with the twist of purple.
Pattern: Burdastyle 6005, Ruby
Difficulty: Intermediate (Burdastyle’s rating – I agree)
Fabric: Purple linen
Notions: Wooden buttons, interfacing
Project rating: My first pair of pants! A very comfortable pair of shorts. The instructions were easy to follow, I didn’t have any problems with the side closures, which I thought I would.