I really liked the Michelle pattern and when I saw this fabric I fell in love. I really, really liked it and thought it would make a perfect skirt. So that’s what I’ve been up to these past evening (that and other things) to make one more Michelle skirt. I omitted the contrasting trim and hem this time, this fabric (“pink retro flowers”) didn’t need it and it would make it more different than my other Michelle.
Because I didn’t buy enough fabricI had to do the back piece in two, so I also put the zipper in the back. I really worked on fitting this time, even harder since I had two back pieces, and my work paid off, it came out with a perfect fit.
Also, as if on demand, summer returned today so I could wear my new skirt, bare-legged.
To see my other Michelle click here.
Pattern: Burdastyle 8090, Michelle
Difficulty: Novice (Burdastyle’s rating – I agree)
Alterations: Removed contrasting hem and band. Sewed two back pieces in stead of one due to fabric restrictions, therefore I put the zipper in the back seam in stead.
Fabric: Cotton/linen blend
Notions: Invisible zipper, interfacing
Project rating: Another quickie skirt! It got a different feeling than my other Michelle, imagine what small alterations actually can do. A simple project, great for beginner sewers!