Today, June 6th, is Sweden’s national day. We don’t really have any major traditions, so most people just see it as an extra day off. I finished a UFO.
The fabric is a cotton blended with some stretch fabric (it was bought ages ago). At first I intended to make an A-line skirt, cut on the bias to get diagonal stripes. I’m glad I didn’t do it as I probably never would have worn a skirt like that. I blame the fabric for that, I wasn’t thinking at all when I bought it. In stead I made shorts for wearing around the house, in the garden or other very casual affairs. It’s been laying in my stash as a UFO for a while (two years, I think).
The pattern is Burdastyle’s Ruby, same as my Lovely in Lavender shorts. I did work on the fit a bit more with this pair, but the pieces were already cut and since my intention were leisure shorts I didn’t bother too much. But someday I will master pants!
Pattern: Burdastyle #6005, Ruby
Difficulty: Intermediate (BS’ rating) I agree.
Alterations: Most changes made for simplicity of project: belt omitted, pockets omitted, cuffs omitted.
Fabric: Cotton with a bit of stretch
Notions: 8 buttons, interfacing, thread.
Project rating: Luckily this fabric never became a never-worn skirt. With my second project, shorts, I got exactly what I wanted. They’re not perfect, but good enough and quite frankly, I only put in a good enough effort into these shorts, so I’m satisfied with the final result.